About Cardiovascular Health Nova Scotia
Improving cardiovascular health and care of Nova Scotians.
Our vision for cardiovascular health for Nova Scotia is that it be:
- Focused on the Determinants of Health
- High Quality
- Outcomes-focused, Evidence-based
The following values guide the decisions and actions of the Council:
- Promote accessible, comprehensive, high quality cardiovascular care through collaborative development of standards and service delivery models.
- Work with partners on initiatives to reduce the risk and burden of cardiovascular disease.
- Promote the ongoing development of cardiovascular health service providers.
- Provide leadership in monitoring, reporting, and recommending improvements to cardiovascular health promotion and health care.