Cardiovascular Health Nova Scotia
CVHNS is accountable to the Acute and Tertiary Care Branch at Department of Health and Wellness and receives advice from an Advisory Council.
The Council advises the Program and subsequently the Department of Health and Wellness on pertinent health care issues and priorities related to Cardiovascular Health Nova Scotia 's mandate.
The Advisory Council consists of physicians, senior leaders from the District Health Authorities, researchers, health professionals, and non-governmental organizations.
The membership of the Advisory Council is as follows:
- Kelly Goudey, Cardiovascular Program Coordinator, South West Health
- Tim Guest, VP Acute Care, Annapolis Valley Health
- Greg Hirsch, Cardiovascular Surgeon, Halifax
- Shelagh Leahey, Family Practitioner, Yarmouth
- Michelle MacGrath. Stroke Coordinator, Pictou County Health and Guysborough, Antigonish, Strait Health Authority
- Menna MacIsaac, CEO, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Nova Scotia
- Peter MacKinnon, CEO, Colchester East Hants Health Authority and Council Chair
- Darla MacPherson, VP Community Health, Cumberland Health Authority
- David Marsters, Internist, Kentville
Ex-Officio members (staff and advisors)
- Jafna Cox, CVHNS Scientific Advisor, Cardiac
- Katherine Fraser, Director, Acute and Tertiary Care, Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness
- Neala Gill, CVHNS Program Manager
- Kathy Harrigan, CVHNS Cardiovascular Consultant
- Ron Hatheway, CVHNS Clinical Advisor, Cardiac
- Michael Love, CVHNS Clinical Advisor, Cardiac
- Stephen Phillips, CVHNS Clinical Advisor, Stroke
- Katie White, CVHNS Stroke Consultant