Nova Scotia Archives

Built Heritage Resource Guide

"Front Street, Now Pictou Club"

next

This Pictou building was built circa 1828 as a residence for Henry Blackadar, a lawyer and member of the House of Assembly, 1840-1843 and 1845-1851.

Henry Blackadar is number 20 on the Pictou County Assessment Roll for 1843. The Squire is assessed for six shillings.

Date: August 1949

Photographer: George MacLaren

Reference no.: Nova Scotia Archives Photo Collection: Places: Pictou: Stone Houses