"Jas. Farquarson's Farmhouse"
The Farquarson farm was located off Caledonia Road, Dartmouth, and included present day Kennedy Drive. Part of the farm is also now part of the Dartmouth Watershed.
The Farquarson House is a three-quarter Cape Cod. Unfortunately the house burned, probably by arson, subsequent to becoming part of the Dartmouth Watershed.
Dutch or Georgian Colonial buildings, 1700-1830, have the following characteristics:
- usually wood construction
- square symmetrical shape
- 1 ½ to 2 ½ storeys
- low-hipped, gambrel, steeply pitched gable, salt-box roofs, middle pitched or hipped roofs
- dormers absent or undersized
- one central or paired chimneys
- centered doorway with symmetrical facade
Reference no.: W.L. Bishop Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1983-240 no. 122