Number 13 and Number 14
13: Stephen Manthorne House, 3rd house on Manthorne's lane. Built by Condon, his brother-in-law. "Uncle Stephen" was a well beloved old mariner, witty and kindly, a devout Anglican. With him and his ilk went much of the color of the old sea-port. There were once fine trees, willows, on this lane.
14: Capt. Alex. Manthorne House. Now owned (1949) by Herbert Clattenberg. At the end of Manthorne's Lane, opp. Rectory Gate.
Reference: E. Marguerite Letson fonds Nova Scotia Archives Album No. 2
For further information, please contact the Nova Scotia Archives