Number 17 and Number 18
17: James Atkins House, built by Danforth Nicolls and occupied by him. Now owned by Arnold Hopkins, grandson of James Atkins. Danforth Nicolls taught school in Port Medway. This is the next house below Danforth Nicolls Manthorne.
18: C.V. Smith house. His wife was Annie Hawker d. in England. Dau. Ethel Smith mar. Fred. Bissett Sr., Halifax. It was the "Waverly House", a hotel built in the 50's or 60's, not later. Now the property of Miss Marguerite Letson (1949). Sold to E. Stevens.
Reference: E. Marguerite Letson fonds Nova Scotia Archives Album No. 2
For further information, please contact the Nova Scotia Archives