St. Joseph's Convent, corner of Kaye and Gottingen streets, Halifax, with ruins of St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church at right and St. Joseph's Girl School at left
Original photograph copied through the courtesy of Mrs. Shirley Vaughan. All buildings were subsequently demolished and a new St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church was constructed on the site. Constructed as a basement church in 1920, it was not completely rebuilt until 1961.
Date: 26 January 1918
Photographer: Gauvin & Gentzel
Reference no.: Charles Vaughan Nova Scotia Archives / negative: N-7035