Nova Scotia Archives

RMS Titanic Resource Guide

CGS Montmagny

The Canadian Government Ship (CGS) Montmagny was a lighthouse-supply and buoy-tender vessel owned by the federal Department of Marine and Fisheries. She sailed from her home-port of Quebec in early May 1912, stopped briefly in Halifax, and then proceeded to the disaster site to search for bodies and wreckage from the Titanic. The listing below, constructed electronically from the 'Disposition of Bodies ex Titanic' list, provides information on the four bodies subsequently recovered by the Montmagny.