The 2014 Nova Scotia Medal of Bravery
Call for nominations is now closed
The medal of bravery is awarded to individuals who have risked their life protecting the life or property of others. Only acts of Bravery that occurred on or after January 1, 2007 will be considered under the Nova Scotia Medal of Bravery Act. Deadline for this year's nominations was May 1, 2014.
For more information about the nomination process, please see our
Frequently Asked Questions.
2013 Nova Scotia Medal of Bravery Award Recipients
L to R Minister of Justice Lena Diab, Donald Mahaney, Thomas Nickerson, Thomas Hennigar, Gary Thurber, Premier Stephen McNeil, Robert Henderson, Aidan Brunn, Patrick May and Vice Admiral (ret) Duncan Miller
The Premier presented seven Nova Scotians with the province's Medal of Bravery on November 20, 2013. Read their stories of courage.
- Aidan Brunn, Martins River, Nova Scotia
- Patrick May, Maplewood, Nova Scotia
- Robert Henderson, Springhill, Nova Scotia
- Donald Mahaney, Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia
- Thomas Hennigar, Clark’s Harbour, Nova Scotia
- Thomas Nickerson, Clyde River, Nova Scotia
- Gary Thurber, Doctor’s Cove, Nova Scotia
For inquiries about the nomination process please contact us.
Read more about past recipients.