The Nova Scotia Medal of Bravery
2013 Nova Scotia Medal of Bravery Award Recipients
L to R Minister of Justice Lena Diab, Donald Mahaney, Thomas Nickerson, Thomas Hennigar, Gary Thurber, Premier Stephen McNeil, Robert Henderson, Aidan Brunn, Patrick May and Vice Admiral (ret) Duncan Miller
The Premier presented seven Nova Scotians with the province's Medal of Bravery on November 20, 2013. Read their stories of courage.
- Aidan Brunn, Martins River, Nova Scotia
- Patrick May, Maplewood, Nova Scotia
- Robert Henderson, Springhill, Nova Scotia
- Donald Mahaney, Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia
- Thomas Hennigar, Clark’s Harbour, Nova Scotia
- Thomas Nickerson, Clyde River, Nova Scotia
- Gary Thurber, Doctor’s Cove, Nova Scotia
Only acts of bravery that occurred on, or after, January 1, 2007 are considered under the Nova Scotia Medal of Bravery Act. For more information about the nomination process, please review the FAQs.
Downloadable nomination forms are available below:
For inquiries about the nomination process please contact us.
Read more about past recipients.