Creating the right environment for business to flourish in the new economy is one of the strategic directions outlined in the province's growth strategy. To this end, Nova Scotia Economic Development focuses on development of public policy especially as it relates to promoting the best environment for businesses to start and expand in the digital economy.
- Procurement provides a variety of electronic tools for vendors to use to access information on the goods and services required by the Province of Nova Scotia or to develop business opportunities with the province. This site also provides access to information on goods or services required by the provincial MASH sector (Municipalities, Academic institutions, School boards, and Hospitals).
- Nova Scotia Business Inc.
While ERD works on constantly improving Nova Scotia's business climate, Nova Scotia Business Inc. is the province's primary point of access for investors and businesses. Find out why so many business are choosing Nova Scotia.
- Regional Development Authorities
From partnerships, to business advice, to government navigation, Nova Scotia RDAs are the first-stop in helping individual and community ventures succeed.
- Trade Team Nova Scotia
Trade Team Nova Scotia is a partnership of government and private sector organizations dedicated to stimulating export activity in Nova Scotia. This site provides links to other important trade resources, and the events calendar maintains an up-to-date listing of trade events that may interest Nova Scotia exporters.
- Department of Finance
The Department of Finance website lists a number of publications that give insight into Nova Scotia's economy and business climate.
- Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations
Access to forms, regulations, and online registration are some of the services offered to business clients through Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations.
- Canada Business-Nova Scotia
Canada Business-Nova Scotia is a joint federal-provincial information centre that provides informormation about government programs, services and regulations on starting and operating a business in Nova Scotia.
- Community Business Development Corporations
CBDCs comprise a network of 41 organizations across Atlantic Canada that provide assistance to small businesses through financing, counselling and advisory services.