Nova Scotia Burning Restrictions
During Wildfire Risk Season brush burning and camp fires are not permitted in any county from 8 in the morning (8am) to 2 in the afternoon (2pm).
Burning brush (domestic burning) is allowed ONLY after
2pm (in counties coloured green), and before 8am.
Burning brush is allowed ONLY between 7pm and 8am, for safety reasons (in counties coloured yellow)
No domestic brush burning, due to high risk of wildfires (in counties coloured red)
During wildfire-risk season, March 15 – Oct 15, you must check before you burn brush. Check municipal bylaws first.
Burning restrictions by county also available by toll free phone line, recorded message updated daily: 1 855 564 2876(BURN)
• More information on this program
• Industrial Burning Permits
• Dispelling Some Common Myths About Grass Burning
• Winter brush burning... why burn brush in the winter?
• Safe Brush Burning Checklist
• Is Your Home Fire Smart?
• Forest Fire Regulations