Nova Scotia Environment consists of the following divisions:
- Compliance Division
- The Compliance division is responsible for the majority of field operations relating to environmental protection. To protect the environment and effectively manage natural resource use, this division responds to requests for environmental assistance, approvals and investigations through its regional and district office network across the province.
- Sustainability and Applied Science
- The Sustainability and Applied Science Division provides subject matter expertise, policy development, program leadership and support to the department and the province. The team focuses on mitigating short term environmental impacts using regulatory, policy and educational tools as well as advancing the long-term environmental and economic sustainability of the province by promoting innovative and creative approaches towards environmental protection and sustainable development.
- Policy Division
- The Policy division is responsible for building capacity for policy and planning functions of the department, ensuring effective business operations and managing the environmental assessment program.
- Provides advice and manages communications with the public