Nova Scotia Environment consists of the following divisions:
- Environmental Health and Food Safety Division
- Nova Scotia Environment’s Environmental Health and Food Safety Division includes roles and responsibilities for most field operations relating to environmental protection and effective management of our natural resources. The division responds to requests for environmental assistance, approvals and investigations through its regional and district office network. The division includes:
- The Policy division is responsible for building capacity for policy and planning functions of the department, ensuring effective business operations and managing the environmental assessment program.
- Sustainability and Applied Science
- The Sustainability and Applied Science Division provides subject matter expertise, policy development, program leadership and support to the department and the province. The team focuses on mitigating short term environmental impacts using regulatory, policy and educational tools as well as advancing the long-term environmental and economic sustainability of the province by promoting innovative and creative approaches towards environmental protection and sustainable development.