Co-op Education Incentive
Thanks for your interest in jobs for co-op students.
The Co-op Education Incentive (CO-OP) provides wage assistance to private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations offering career-related work experiences for university and community college co-operative students.
Employers pay students a minimum of $15.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. CO-OP will reimburse $7.50 per hour to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Employers participating in IRAP and SR&ED are eligible for an “R&D Incentive” and may receive up to $10.00 per hour.
The Fall application period has closed.
Private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply and are required to provide at least one of the following:
- Registry of Joint Stocks number
- CRA Charities number
- a copy of legal documentation/Act of Legislature that identifies how assets will be distributed upon dissolution of the organization.
Once approved, the student(s) considered for hiring must be:
- registered at a post-secondary institution and returning to the same institution for the Fall of the current year.
- registered at a post-secondary institution and transferring to another in the Fall of the current year
- A grade 12 graduate who will be attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the Fall of the current year
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2S9
Phone: 902 424-6000
Fax: 902 428-2037
- 2016 CO-OP Program Guidelines
- CO-OP Employer Checklist
- CO-OP Payroll Record with Formula
- CO-OP Student Confirmation Form
- Cooperative Education Incentive (CO-OP) Application Form
- CO-OP Term 2 Payroll Record with Formula
- CO-OP Winter Payroll Record with Formula
- Direct Deposit Form