Co-op Education Incentive
Thanks for your interest in jobs for co-op students.
The Co-op Education Incentive (CO-OP) provides wage assistance to private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations offering career-related work experiences for university and community college co-operative students.
Employers pay students a minimum of $15.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. CO-OP will reimburse $7.50 per hour to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Employers participating in IRAP and SR&ED are eligible for an “R&D Incentive” and may receive up to $10.00 per hour.
Starting with this application period, we will be managing the program in an online platform called Labour Market Programs Support System (LaMPSS).
If you already have a LaMPSS user account, you can log in and apply! If not, you will need to complete the External Access Form and return it to email@example.com to apply for the CO-OP program. You will be emailed your login information once the LaMPSS team has created your user account.
It’s a new process and we think that you will be happy with the results! The Program Guidelines have been updated to help you with your application. As always, you can reach out to us if you run into any issues.
Deadline or important dates
- Winter 2017 CO-OP Term
- Application available: August 8, 2016
- Deadline: September 16, 2016
- Program dates: January 3, 2017 to April 21, 2017
- Summer 2017 CO-OP Term
- Application available: December 19, 2016
- Deadline: January 27, 2017
- Program dates: April 24, 2017 to August 25, 2017
- Fall 2017 CO-OP Term
- Application available: April 10, 2017
- Deadline: May 19, 2017
- Program dates: September 5, 2017 to December 22, 2017
Private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply and are required to provide at least one of the following:
- Registry of Joint Stocks number
- CRA Charities number
- a copy of legal documentation/Act of Legislature that identifies how assets will be distributed upon dissolution of the organization.
Students considered for hiring must be enrolled in a Cooperative Education program at a Nova Scotia university or college. Their field of study should relate to the job.
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2S9
Phone: 902 424-6000
Toll Free: 1-877-404-7074
Fax: 902 428-2037