Co-op Education Incentive
Thanks for your interest in jobs for co-op students.
The Co-op Education Incentive (CO-OP) provides wage assistance to private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations offering career-related work experiences for university and community college co-operative students.
Employers pay students a minimum of $15.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. CO-OP will reimburse $7.50 per hour to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Employers participating in IRAP and SR&ED are eligible for an “R&D Incentive” and may receive up to $10.00 per hour.
Deadline or important dates
- Winter 2017 CO-OP Term
- Application available: August 8, 2016
- Deadline: September 16, 2016
- Program dates: January 3, 2017 to April 21, 2017
- Summer 2017 CO-OP Term
- Application available: December 22, 2016
- Deadline: January 27, 2017
- Program dates: April 24, 2017 to August 25, 2017
- Fall 2017 CO-OP Term
- Application available: April 10, 2017
- Deadline: May 19, 2017
- Program dates: September 5, 2017 to December 22, 2017
Private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply and are required to provide at least one of the following:
- Registry of Joint Stocks number
- CRA Charities number
- a copy of legal documentation/Act of Legislature that identifies how assets will be distributed upon dissolution of the organization.
Students considered for hiring must be enrolled in a Cooperative Education program at a Nova Scotia university or college. Their field of study should relate to the job.
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2S9
Phone: 902 424-6000
Fax: 902 428-2037