Student Career Skills Development Program
The Student Career Skills Development Program (SCSDP) offers wage assistance to non-profit organizations offering career-related summer jobs for students going into university or community college in the fall.
New for 2015 - The student must be paid a minimum of $10.60 per hour. The organization will be reimbursed $8.60 per hour.
SCSDP summer work term is open from April 27, 2015 to August 28, 2015. The maximum reimbursement period is 14 weeks, 35 hours per week for actual hours worked.
Funding approvals will be distributed across the province based on population and unemployment for each county.
2015 Summer Employment Opportunities
If you are a student and are interested in a particular posting from one of the following counties, please contact the organization directly.
- Cape Breton
Non-profit organizations and Registered Charities are eligible to apply.
Applicants are required to provide one of the following:
- An active Society's Act number
- Canada Revenue Agency's Registered Charity number
- Official documentation. This document must clearly demonstrate the organization's assets would not be distributed to members upon dissolution.
Once approved, the student(s) considered for hiring must be:
- registered at a post-secondary institutions and returning to the same institution for the Fall of the current year.
- registered at a post-secondary institutions and transferring to another in the Fall of the current year
- A grade 12 graduate who will be attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the Fall of the current year
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 697
5151 Terminal Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2T8
Phone: 902 424-5301
Fax: 902 424-2203