Student Career Skills Development Program
Thank you for your interest in the SCSDP Program. We will be moving to an online platform called LaMPSS in the hopes to better serve you.
All organizations wishing to apply for SCSDP must first be registered as a LaMPSS organization. This is a one-time registration process. Once registered, it will provide you with the ability to utilize the LaMPSS self service capabilities. You can register your organization at: http://novascotia.ca/lae/lampss/lampss.asp
If your organization has not previously registered with LaMPSS, you can download a form from the above link, and send the information to the LaMPSS support team.
The Student Career Skills Development Program (SCSDP) offers wage assistance to non-profit organizations offering career-related summer jobs for students going into university or community college in the fall.
New for 2015 - The student must be paid a minimum of $10.60 per hour. The organization will be reimbursed $8.60 per hour.
SCSDP summer work term is open from April 27, 2015 to August 28, 2015. The maximum reimbursement period is 14 weeks, 35 hours per week for actual hours worked.
Funding approvals will be distributed across the province based on population and unemployment for each county.
Non-profit organizations and Registered Charities are eligible to apply.
Applicants are required to provide one of the following:
- An active Society's Act number
- Canada Revenue Agency's Registered Charity number
- Official documentation. This document must clearly demonstrate the organization's assets would not be distributed to members upon dissolution.
Once approved, the student(s) considered for hiring must be:
- registered at a post-secondary institutions and returning to the same institution for the Fall of the current year.
- registered at a post-secondary institutions and transferring to another in the Fall of the current year
- A grade 12 graduate who will be attending a post-secondary institution full-time in the Fall of the current year
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2S9
Phone: 902 424-6000
Fax: 902 428-2037