Government of Nova
novascotia.caGovernment of Nova Scotia Nova Scotia, Canada
Access Nova Scotia
Text Size:  A+ A-

How to complain about your Cellphone Service

Service Nova Scotia does not regulate cell phones, wireless, or mobility providers. These providers are also not federally regulated, though the CRTC works to ensure customer confidentiality.

Step 1: Contact The Provider

The best first step if you have complaints about your service is to directly contact your provider. Take the steps in our Effective Complaints guide. Keep records of your interactions with the service provider. It's in their interest to respond to concerns, so this may be the only step you need to take.

Step 2: Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS)

If you can not get a response that works for you from your provider, you can see if your service provider is a member of the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS). This is an independent agency that works to resolve consumer complaints about telephone, mobility and wireless services.

If your provider is a member you can contact them with your complaint. Make sure to share the details of the steps you took in the first step. You may reach them by:

Mailing Addreess

P.O. Box 81088, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1B1


Toll-free: 1-888-221-1687
Toll-free TTY: 711 or 1-800-855-0511



Or ask the Operator to contact CCTS toll-free at 1-888-221-1687, so that you aren't charged long-distance fees

Step 3: Industry Canada's Office of Consumer Affairs

If the CCTS is not helpful, or if your provider is not a member, contact Industry Canada's Office of Consumer Affairs (OCA) to file a complaint. If you believe the company's advertising, promotional materials, or staff were misleading, you can also contact Industry Canada's Competition Bureau.

Mailing Address:

50 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 0C9



Toll-free telephone: 1-800-348-5358

Toll-free TTY: 1-800-642-3844