Supports and Services

Accessing disability supports and services may be different from school to school and may also depend on whether the course or program you choose is a designated program recognized and funded by Nova Scotia Student Assistance.

In order to find out more about designated programs and designated institutions go to Student Assistance website.

Who do you go for assistance at your institution?

Universities within Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC)

If you are attending Universities within Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia Community College:

PSDS funds these institutions to provide you with a Disability Resource Facilitator (DRF) to assist you with what on-site supports and services are available.

These might include:

  • Assisting with grant application for services and equipment
  • Tutoring
  • Note-taking
  • Learning strategist
  • Assistive technology
  • Orientation to the school

List of NSCC campuses with DRFs:

  • Akerley
    phone: 902-491-4953
  • Annapolis
    Phone: 902-584-2116
  • Burridge
    Phone: 902-749-2403
  • Cumberland
    Phone: 902-597-4400
  • Kingstec
    Phone: 902-679-7408
  • Lunenburg and Shelburne
    Phone: 902-543-4664
  • Marconi
    Phone: 902-563-2680
  • IT
    Phone: 902-491-3587
  • Pictou
    Phone: 902-752-2373
  • Strait
    Phone: 902-625-7162
  • Truro
    Phone: 902-893-5882
  • Waterfront
    Phone: 902-491-1228

List of Universities with DRFs:

  • Acadia University
    Phone: 902-585-1913
  • Cape Breton University
    Phone: 902-563-1121
  • Dalhousie Agricultural Campus
    Phone: 902-896-2463
  • Dalhousie University
    Phone: 902-494-2836
  • Mount Saint Vincent University
    Phone: 902-457-6719
  • College of Art and Design
    Phone: 902-494-8313
  • Saint Mary's University
    Phone: 902-491-8617
  • St. Francis Xavier University
    Phone: 902-867-3634
  • Universit√© Sainte-Anne
    Phone: 902-769-2114 x 7332

Private career colleges or studying outside of the province

If you are attending a private career college within Nova Scotia or studying outside of the province, please contact Post-Secondary Disability Services through email at for more information about on-campus resources.