Vestibule of Capital Theatre
Taken soon after its opening on 31 October 1930. The Capitol Theatre was located on the corner of Spring Garden Road and Barrington Street. The Halifax Mail, 31 October, 1930, p. 21, described the Capitol Theatre on opening day:
"Entering the theatre under the brightly illuminated marquise and sign we find ourselves at the entrance to a castle, with a stone wall coped with red tile surrounding us. This wall is pierced with ballustraded and grilled openings through which we catch glimpses of the surrounding countryside."
Reference: Nova Scotia Archives Photo Collection Places: Halifax: Buildings