"The Foord Pit Coal Mine in Stellarton, NS"
Undated photograph showing the surface workings of the mine. The multi-storey building in the centre of the photo (the tallest structure) is the Cornish Pumphouse. The Foord Pit was named for J.B. Foord, Secretary to the GMA Board in England for three decades prior to the mine's opening in 1867. This photo was taken sometime before 1880.
Credit: Museum of Industry
Reference no.: Stellarton Mining Museum Museum of Industry no. I91.32.44 / negative no. N-18785