Piers' notes: No. 336. Dockyard: The Commissioner's House; 1785(?)-1909, 2½ storey wooden residence, with hipped roof. View of front, which faced Northwest, towards the Yard, with circular driveway and large tree in centre. Looking East, from near Mast House, towards town of Dartmouth. Built (on site of original Commissioner's House), in or about 1785, and used by Commissioners till 1819; demolished Nov. 1909.
Date.: ca. 1882
Reference no.: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives 6843 (Piers 336)