South Barracks, Royal Engineers Quarters, Halifax
Piers' notes: No. 54. South Barracks (Royal Engineers' Quarters), Sackville Street: South Barracks, northern half of western front, with veranda, of wood, 2½ storeys high (built about 1795); showing also Parade Ground, Gate and Guard Room, with houses nos; 77 and 79 on north side Sackville Street (site of High School); 1872. Looking North from west end of Cook House at South end of Parade Ground.
Reference no.: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives 6968 (Piers 54) / neg. N-2068