Nova Scotia Archives

Brigs and Barques

Images and Artworks from the Age of Sail

Libbie H.


Built in 1875 at St. Mary's, NS by A. McDonald. Registered at Halifax, NS 1875; owned by John McNab; wrecked; registration closed 1889. Ship's painting dated at St. Johns, Newfoundland, 19 October 1877.

Date: 1877

Artist: C. Lewis

Reference no.: Documentary Art Collection Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1979-147 365