Petition of W.K. Reynolds and Others, Owners of Stone and Brick Buildings in Halifax
Petitioners included two members of the Hill family, William Bruce Almon, and George Mitchell. T
The Hills owned what subsequently became the Lenoir Building, the Almon house on Argyle Street was demolished in 1928, and the Mitchell Building is on Lower Water Street. These stone and brick buildings are shown in this Built Heritage Resource Guide.
Date: 4 March 1820
Reference no.: Legislative Assembly of Nova Scotia Nova Scotia Archives RG 5 Series P vol. 1 no. 70