In 1891 there were 154 stone buildings in Nova Scotia. Stone quarried at Wallace, Cumberland County, and in Pictou County was either used for local construction projects or shipped elsewhere. Both Wallace and Pictou County stone was used in the construction of Nova Scotia's Province House.
Photographer: Clara Dennis
Reference no.: Clara Dennis Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1983-468 no. 155