The original records include 2670 names and are located in Record Group (RG) 1, Vol. 443, No. 1-45. Click here for the file list of communities included in this collective census.
- Vol. 443, No. 1is a 'General Return' for 1767; it lists total inhabitants by township, but gives no individual names of inhabitants.
- Vol. 443, No. 40-44 are Cattle Returns for specific townships or areas.
- Vol. 443, No. 29, is the 1770 return for Pictou, also identified as Donegall ('Pictou or Donegall'). No. 28, the return for 1775, is for 'Pictou.' And No. 36, the return for 1783, is for 'Pictou or Tinmouth.'
- Several returns are for communities now in the Province of New Brunswick:
- Conway, later Carleton or Lancaster, on the west side of the Saint John River at its mouth (Vol. 443, No. 8)
- Hillsborough, near present-day Moncton (Vol. 443, No. 14)
- Westmorland, near present-day Sackville (Vol. 443, No. 14)
- Sackville, just north of the provincial boundary at the Isthmus of Chignecto (Vol. 443, No. 30-31)