Number 28 and Number 29
28: Daniel Morine House, built 1830 by Daniel Morine and lived in by his descendants: Capt. Lewis Morine, Lewis Morine, Dell Morine. Still in the family. Known as Daniel Morine's Hill. Dan'l Morine married Patience Lewis, 1831. House built before that.
29: John Crowley house at the cross roads, where the Old Port Road to Liverpool. The Mill Village Road and the Shore Road meet. The first house (now) in the Village. It is on the left side overlooking S.W. Cove, the River and the far off N.W. Bay. At back of house.
Reference: E. Marguerite Letson fonds Nova Scotia Archives Album No. 2
For further information, please contact the Nova Scotia Archives