Killam Bros. wharf
The Killam Bros. business that started operations in 1869, composed of Thomas, Frank and John H. Killam, they were general insurance agents and represented a number of first-class marine insurance companies. They also sold twine and cordage and were one of the largest dealers in hard and soft coal in Western Nova Scotia. The Killam wharf was home to coal sheds, warehouses, and offices and covered 50 000 square feet. At its height, the company owned 16 vessels. This photo shows the Killam Bros. wharf.
Date: [ca. 1869]
Reference: Yarmouth County Museum and Archives PH-10-K(4)
For more information, please contact the Yarmouth County Museum and Archives.