Royal Canadian Engineers VS Canadian Navy at the Ardmore Grounds Ring
The Ardmore Grounds were located between Almon and Chebucto in the Ardmore Subdivision. The open-air boxing arena existed prior to 1944 when the Ardmore School was built. The subdivison existed prior to World War Two but was developed with pre-fabricated housing after the war and throughout the 1940s.
George Latham, Referee
Reference no.: Tom Connors Nova Scotia Archives accession 1987-218 no. 071 / negative no. N-3926