Temporary dining hall for reconstruction workers under construction behind Alexander McKay School, Russell Street, Halifax
Original photograph copied through the courtesy of Mrs. Shirley Vaughan. The dining hall was built for reconstruction workers who were temporarily billeted in Alexander McKay School. After the workers moved to their permanent quarters at Willow Park in April 1918, the dining hall became a temporary school building.
Date: 26 January 1918
Photographer: Gauvin & Gentzel
Reference no.: Charles Vaughan Nova Scotia Archives / negative: N-7047