"Sewing-room [sic], Protestant Orphanage, Halifax, N.S."
The Protestant Orphans' Home, 1274 Barrington Street, was destroyed in the Explosion. It relocated to 2-6 Barrington, former clubhouse of the Halifax Yacht Club (now the Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron). The orphanage's furniture was suppplied by the Massachusetts-Halifax Relief Committee.
Date: 15 August 1918
Photographer: Gauvin & Gentzel
Reference no.: Nova Scotia Archives / negative: N-4840