Nova Scotia Archives

The Port Royal Habitation

Four Hundred Years of European Settlement in North America


Aerial view of Habitation

next

Name of the village of Lower Granville was officially changed to the original French name of Port Royal in 1949 (Statutes of Nova Scotia, 1949, cap. 17).

Date: ca. 1946

Photographer: Nova Scotia Information Service Photo no. 2975.

Reference:  NSARM Photo Collection: Places: Port Royal: Habitation