"Rocking Stone", Spryfield, ca. 1895
During the nineteenth century, the Rocking Stone in Spryfield was a popular destination for the weekend rambler. First described in 1828, the 162-ton granite rock resting on a pivot of the same material, could be easily moved with a lever. It is still a well-known local landmark, although it stopped rocking in 1963.
Photographer: Notman Studio
Date: ca. 1895
Reference no.: Notman Studio Nova Scotia Archives no. 13040 / neg. no.: N-5945