"Outside Old City Market, Halifax, N.S.", ca. 1953
The City Market has resided in many locations throughout downtown Halifax during its long life. In 1953 it was located at 148 Market Street, a building purpose-designed in 1913 by architect S. P. Dumaresq. By 1953, however, most of the building had been taken over by the Halifax Police Department.
Photographer: Robert Norwood
Date: ca. 1953
Reference no.: Robert Norwood Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1987-480 no. 407