"Stiffened Treble Sling Bridge – constructed by 18th Coy. RE – Halifax, N.S.,Sept. 1897"
The Royal Engineers provided the surveyors, architects, engineers, builders and contractors for all British army and navy installations throughout the Empire. From the earliest days of the community until the British forces left in 1906, the Royal Engineeers were always represented within the Halifax Garrison.
Photographer: Gauvin & Gentzell
Date: September 1897
Reference no.: H.E. Smith Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1988-21 no. 2 / neg. no.: N-9494