Nova Scotia Archives

Halifax and Its People / 1749-1999

Quarry Scene, Spryfield, [189-]

next

The reverse of this photograph shows the name 'Andrew Yeadon'. McAlpine's Halifax City Directory for 1909 lists Andrew Yeadon, of Yeadon's Quarry, residing at 160 Quinpool Road. On Geological Survey Map Sheet 68 (image No.21), the Yeadon Granite Quarry is between the Herring Cove Road and Long Lake, Spryfield.

Photographer: Gauvin and Gentzell

Date: 1890s

Reference no.: Jean Holder Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1980-195 no. 28  / neg. no.: N-0181