Plan of division of Garden Lots to eastward of Town of Lunenburg 1820 between Mary Glassen, Henry Heckman and Thomas Pinnel
The name Barbara Oxner also appears on this plan. Settlers were not only granted town lots, but also garden lots and farm lots. During the summer of 1753, Surveyor-General Charles Morris divided approximately 180 acres into 570 garden lots for families and single men to the eastward of Lunenburg. 145 lots were under a quarter of an acre each in size, the larger lots were perhaps one-third larger. This district which still bears the designation “Garden Lots” was divided into plots suitable for truck gardening.
Reference no.: William Ross Nova Scotia Archives MG 1 vol. 796b no. 15