St. John's Anglican Church
Built at the expense of the British Government in 1754, St. John's was the first Church of England in Nova Scotia after St. Paul's in Halifax. The frame was brought from Boston, and enlarged in the 1870s. One of the earliest known photographs of Lunenburg.
Date: ca. 1869
Photographer: A.E. Rhodes
Reference no.: Estate of Elizabeth G. Owen Nova Scotia Archives Photo Collection: Places: Lunenburg: Churches