Nova Scotia Archives

Lunenburg by the Sea

St. John's Anglican Church


Built at the expense of the British Government in 1754, St. John's was the first Church of England in Nova Scotia after St. Paul's in Halifax. The frame was brought from Boston, and enlarged in the 1870s.

Date: ca. 1900

Reference no.: Bailly Family Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1985-562 no. 8 / negative no. FP/DN1427