"St. John's Anglican Church"
Built at the expense of the British Government in 1754, St. John's was the first Church of England in Nova Scotia after St. Paul's in Halifax. The frame was brought from Boston, and enlarged in the 1870s. The church which burned on Hallowe'en Night 2001, and which is currently (2003) under reconstruction, looked very similar to the building should in this 1935 photograph.
Date: ca. 1935
Photographer: Nova Scotia Information Service
Reference no.: Nova Scotia Information Service Nova Scotia Archives NSIS no. 1233 / negative no. 1233