Results 321 to 330 of 1613 from your search:
321. [Copy of] letter from Paul Maylor to Wm. Abbott, relative to Abbott's business with Ralph Cunningham.
322. Henry Paget to Gideon White, in receipt of letter. He has just arrived from Jamaica. "Our half pay was only settled about two months ago & I am inform'd we are indebted to the good offices of Lord Sidney for it with respect to the sending out of ship carpenters coopers Blacksmiths &c. you have not been explicit enough on that Subject you do not mention what we can afford to give them p. annum, or on what terms to engage them, indeed in one part you desire me to buy a Carpenter or two with Nineteen pounds Jamaica Cury. from this I can only think...that you have been led away by the public prints respecting thoose poor deluded wreches who immigrated from Ireland to the American States & where there sold as slaves, it is not so with this country I imagine tradesmen of the description you mention could not be procured under forty fifty & sixty pounds p. annum their Passage & meat drink & lodging found them. "He is going to Shropshire whre they build vessels and could engage some there if he knew the terms which White wants. Wants description of Chedabucto. Holograph.
323. George Hough to Gideon White. He congratulates White on the regiment's being fixed on the British establishment. Personal messages. Holograph.
324. Copy of certificate of Patrick Wall that he could not receive amount of O'Halloran's order. [Filed 4 Apr. 1783, with order]
325. Thos. Millidge to Chas. Whitworth. He has left orders for Mr. George Bell to pay him £100, and hopes to pay the remainder from his half pay in December. Holograph.
326. Chas. Whitworth to Messrs. Geo. & Geo. Debloise, notifying them that George Tompson may draw on them for not more than £300. He has gone to Penobscot to load with lumber for the West Indies. Holograph.
327. B. Jarvis to [Gideon White], announcing his arrival in England. Encloses newspapers, and reports on various acquaintances. Holograph.
328. Geo. Deblois Sr. & Jr. to Chas. Whitworth, in receipt of letter, and stating that they will honour Thompson's draft. Holograph.
329. Thos. Dickason Jr. to Gideon White, in receipt of letter. Has no hope that his application to Col. Powell respecting White's pay while he was captain in the militia will succeed. Personal messages. Holograph.
330. Jno. Coffin to Gideon White, in receipt of letter. He assures White of his willingness to serve him. Personal messages. Holograph.