Nova Scotia Archives

Woolford's Surveys: The Roads from Halifax to Windsor and Truro, 1817-18

Sheet 12: Mile 20 to Mile 26: Grand Lake area

next

Miles 20-26 included three bridges and the properties of Jefferys, Holland, Kenly (Kenty) and Hall. Jefferys/Jeffrey, the Collector of Customs, was developing a farm on Grand Lake, and Dalhousie mentioned in his journal that he, Jeffrey, had hired four Irishmen at 5 pounds an acre to clear, cut down, burn, fence and prepare the land for planting potatoes or seed.

Date: 1817-18

Draughtsman: John Elliott Woolford

Reference no.: Nova Scotia Archives Map Collection: 15.1