Halifax from Fort Needham
His Majesty's Navy Yard is along the waterfront with the blockhouse at Fort Coote at the far left. The blockhouse was erected in 1775 on a hillock just north of the yard, near the foot of present-day North Street. The Citadel (Fort George) is in the centre distance.
Date: ca. 1780
Reference no.: Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1979-147 no. 614