''Site of Eglington Inn & Hiltz Halfway House, built before 1802 and famous in coaching days, 1816-58''
Between miles 20 and 21 on Woolford's map. Coaches to Windsor made their second change at this inn which was located where the road crossed the Sackville River, one mile north-north-west of Lewis Lake and 20.7 miles from Halifax, near Upper Sackville. The view is looking northwest. The house shown in this photograph was built at a later time by Augustus Fenerty.
Date: 15 June 1933
Reference no.: Nova Scotia Archives Photograph Collection: Sackville: Hotels: Halfway House