Closures, cancellations and service changes

Last updated: 14 April 2021 at 9:30 am

Benefits and financial support

Government employee, retiree and member employer benefits

Government employee, retiree and member employer benefit applications and changes may experience a delay. If you can, send your form to the Benefits Unit by email. For the Life Insurance Beneficiary Nomination Form, you need to send it by both email and mail.

Business and employment



Nova Scotia Drugs and Therapeutics Committee submissions

You need to send a request to submit a pharmaceutical product for review by email until further notice. Send the request to using the subject line "REQUEST to SUBMIT". In the body of the email, only include the product name, Drug Identification Number and submission type (for example, full, expedited or notice of change). The Nova Scotia Drugs and Therapeutics Committee notifies manufacturers that it's received the request and provides details on how to make a submission.

MSI (Medavie Blue Cross)

MSI reception location at 230 Brownlow Avenue (Dartmouth) is closed until further notice.

Law, justice and safety

Museums, galleries and attractions

Offices and service locations

Business Registration Unit

In-person business registration services are available by appointment. Contact the Business Registration Unit to make an appointment or call 902-424-3369.

Conciliation and Mediation Services

Conciliation and Mediation Services is operating remotely until further notice. You can apply by email or fax for conciliation, grievance mediation, conflict coaching, relationship development programs or to have an arbitrator appointed. Responses to applications may be delayed.

Natural Sciences Library

In-person services are unavailable until further notice. Contact the Natural Sciences Library by phone or email for assistance.

Provincial Tax Commission

In-person services are unavailable until further notice.

Public Enquiries (Contact Centre)

If you’re calling Public Enquiries (Contact Centre), you may experience longer wait times.

Residential Tenancies

Applications to the Director of Residential Tenancies can be dropped off at Access Nova Scotia (except Lower Sackville). Landlords and tenants need to drop off the Application Drop-off Payment Form with their applications.

Vital Statistics

In-person services are also available by appointment at Vital Statistics, including urgent requests for marriage licence appointments.