Coronavirus (COVID-19): essential healthcare workers

List of essential healthcare workers allowed to enter Nova Scotia from outside the province.

Essential healthcare workers

People from outside Nova Scotia can only enter Nova Scotia for essential travel (you're not allowed to enter Nova Scotia for non-essential travel). You can enter Nova Scotia for essential travel if you're an essential healthcare worker who is moving to the province for a new job.

Essential healthcare workers include:

  • all diagnostic imaging type classifications (for example, MRI, ultrasound, echocardiography and CT)
  • allied primary health practitioners (NOC 3124)
  • autism and other mental health and addictions support workers
  • cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (NOC 3217)
  • clinical therapists
  • continuing care assistants and care team assistants
  • counsellors (NOC 4153)
  • dentists
  • dietitians
  • general practitioners and family physicians (NOC 3112)
  • home support workers, excluding housekeepers; labour market impact assessment required (NOC 4412)
  • hygienists
  • licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233)
  • medical device reprocessing technicians
  • medical laboratory assistants
  • medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants (NOC 3212)
  • medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211)
  • medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215)
  • nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413)
  • nurse practitioners
  • nursing co-ordinators and supervisors (NOC 3011)
  • occupational therapists (NOC 3143)
  • other dental health professionals, excluding secretaries or office staff
  • other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 3125)
  • paramedical occupations (NOC 3234)
  • paramedics
  • pharmacists (NOC 3131)
  • pharmacy practice assistants
  • physiotherapists
  • psychologists (NOC 4151)
  • public health contact tracing support staff and administrators
  • public health nurses
  • public health officers and public health officer trainees
  • registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012)
  • respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists (NOC 3214)
  • social workers (NOC 4152)
  • specialist physicians (NOC 3111)
  • ward and unit aides
  • ward and unit clerks