Coronavirus (COVID-19): Sector Impact Support Program
The Sector Impact Support Program provides a one-time grant of up to $7,500 to help small business owners that have been impacted by the new province-wide public health restrictions.
Eligible businesses include:
- restaurants offering in-person dining service
- bars or licensed drinking establishments (including tasting rooms and craft taprooms)
- fitness establishments (including gyms and yoga studios) and sport and recreation facilities (excluding municipally owned or operated facilities)
- businesses and organizations offering indoor recreation and leisure activities (including climbing facilities, dance classes, escape rooms, go-carts, indoor arcades, indoor play spaces, music lessons, pottery painting, shooting ranges and holiday craft markets)
- live performing arts facilities
- boat and walking tours
- private museums
Your business must:
- be registered in Nova Scotia as a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, society, social enterprise, not-for-profit, charity in business or other similar organization
- have an active CRA Business Number (BN)
- have gross revenue of $5,000,000 or less in its most recently filed tax year
Incorporated businesses that operate more than one eligible business establishment under a single corporate entity, may apply for a rebate for each business establishment.
Eligible businesses receive a one-time grant based on gross payroll cost or gross revenue in November 2021.
|Gross monthly payroll cost in November 2021||Gross monthly revenue in November 2021||Grant amount|
|$1,000 - $15,000||$2,500 - $45,000||$2,500|
|$15,001 - $25,000||$45,001 - $75,000||$5,000|
|$25,001 or more||$75,001 or more||$7,500|
How to apply
Applications for the Sector Impact Support Program are open. Review the application guide before submitting your application.Start now