Coronavirus (COVID-19): international travel

International travel guidance, including how to request a recovery letter and requirements for Temporary Foreign Workers and employers.

Departing Canada

The Public Health Agency of Canada is advising travellers to practice enhanced health precautions when travelling internationally.

You should also review Government of Canada travel advice and advisories to help you to make informed decisions and travel safely while you’re outside Canada.

Entering Canada

Travellers entering Canada must follow rules set out by the Government of Canada, including testing, vaccination and quarantine requirements. There are also requirements for fully vaccinated travellers. Learn more: COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada.

All travellers need to use ArriveCAN to enter Canada. You also need to follow public health measures and guidance while you're in Nova Scotia.

Temporary Foreign Workers and employers

Temporary Foreign Workers employed in agriculture and seafood sectors who come to Nova Scotia need to follow self-isolation, testing and other requirements in the federal Quarantine Act. There are some exemptions for Temporary Foreign Workers who meet specific conditions for fully vaccinated travellers.

Learn more: Quarantine, testing and other COVID-19 measures for temporary foreign workers and employers.

Recovery letter

If you travel outside Nova Scotia, the destination you travel to may require proof of recovery in place of a negative test result. Do your research before you travel so you're prepared when travelling to your destination and when returning to the province. Many jurisdictions have different requirements for entry. Some places accept a recovery letter. Some places, including Canada, require proof of a positive PCR test result instead of a recovery letter. Learn more: recovery letter requests and proof of a positive test.