|Learning Outcomes Achieved:
Science: (Life Science: Rocks, Minerals and Erosion):
(Collecting and Comparing Rocks and Minerals)
1. Describe the distinction between minerals and rocks.
(Properties of Rocks and Minerals)
1. Using appropriate tools male observations and collect information in order to describe rocks and minerals according to physical properties;
2. Record observations of their rocks and minerals in chart form, and/or using notes in point form;
3. Compare different rocks and/or minerals from their local area with those from other places;
4. Classify rocks and minerals according to several properties and create a chart or diagram that show the method of classifying;
5. Compare their classification schemes of rocks and minerals to those of others and recognize that results may vary.
(Uses of Rocks and Minerals)
1. Describe how rocks and minerals are used;
2. Relate the characteristics of rocks and minerals to their uses;
3. Using appropriate terms, describe some positive and negative effects of extraction and/or utilization of rocks and minerals.
1. Describe the role of economics in exploration and innovation.
***Indoor portion of this program is appropriate for an off-site visit***