Wildfire fighting equipment such as hose, pumps, fireline tools, and accessories are purchased, distributed, and maintained by the Wildfire Management Group's equipment section.
The Equipment section consists of three shops:
- Constructs two fire trucks annually
- Maintains the fire truck fleet
- Fabricates and repairs fireline equipment
Pump Repair Shop
- Repairs/maintains 500 fire pumps for NR&R; Parks Canada, and fire departments.
- Coordinates the purchase and distribution of provincial fire fighting and safety equipment for all NR&R offices.