Nova Scotia Wildfire Equipment
Wildfire fighting equipment such as hoses, pumps, fireline tools and accessories are purchased, distributed, and maintained by the Wildfire Management Group's Equipment Section.
The Equipment Section consists of three shops:
- constructs two fire trucks annually,
- maintains the fire truck fleet,
- fabricates and repairs fireline and various equipment
Pump Repair Shop
- repair/maintain 500 fire pumps for DNR, forestry companies, and fire departments.
- coordinates the purchase and distribution of provincial fire fighting and safety equipment for all DNR offices.