The Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources, Nova Scotia Environment, and the Nature Conservancy of Canada are currently undergoing a joint planning process for the pending New France Provincial Park (Electric City), the northern portion of the pending Silver River Wilderness Area, and adjoining lands recently acquired by the Nature Conservancy of Canada.
There will be opportunity for the public to get involved and provide input, which will help guide future management decisions.
A public planning and information session will be held:
October 2nd, 2014
24 Back St, Weymouth, NS B0W 3T0
6:30 – 8:30pm
*Note that this public session will be jointly held with the Municipality of the District of Digby, as part of their parks and open spaces survey. See www.digbydistrict.ca for more information.
How to get involved:
All comments and surveys must be received by November 3rd, 2014.
For further information, please contact 662-3030 or email email@example.com
For more information:
• The Nature Conservancy of Canada:
• Nova Scotia Environment:
• Our Parks and Protected Areas: a Plan for Nova Scotia
• The Path We Share, A Natural Resources Strategy for Nova Scotia 2011-2020:
• Interactive Map of New France:
• New France Provincial Park Reserve Profile Sheet:
• Pending Silver River Wilderness Area Profile Sheet: